• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 transfer case range shifting help

wbv

Who is the tranfer case guru?

I can't get my m818 to shift into low range. Seems that the shifting rod won't go far enough to engage the low range gears. If I hold down on the lever and release the clutch a bit, I can tell it is almost in gear. It travels a little more than an inch - is this the limit of travel?

Seems to shift and stay tightly in high range.

Thanks!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i had the same problem in the 819, when i pulled the xcase, i pulled the shift inspection plate and shifted it into low with a screw driver, the xcase locked up, nothing would turn, had to get it out of low for things to turn.

as a side note, some of you know that i did the 07 ga. rally trail ride in high because of the xcase problem, if i had forced it into low it would have locked up on the spot, just think of the fun that would be had getting the 819 off the mountain. there is a MV GOD

Capt.Marion

Re: RE: M818 transfer case range shifting help

73m819 said:
i had the same problem in the 819, when i pulled the xcase, i pulled the shift inspection plate and shifted it into low with a screw driver, the xcase locked up, nothing would turn, had to get it out of low for things to turn.

as a side note, some of you know that i did the 07 ga. rally trail ride in high because of the xcase problem, if i had forced it into low it would have locked up on the spot, just think of the fun that would be had getting the 819 off the mountain. there is a MV GOD
That would have been nasty.