• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 Wiper control valve - Source?

kastein

How's it not cooperating?

Mine is very touchy and likes to leak air and spray oil/water all over the place. Wondering if mine is also not cooperating and I just never realized it.

rhinob

It won't flow at all. No matter where the knob is set.

I'm tempted to disassemble it, but I don't want to pile a bunch of time into it if I can simply replace it. I'm happy to overhaul the thing if they're not available.

jwaller

any surplus ppl will have it and prob a dozen ppl on here. an ad in the wanted section may be the proper way to get one.

crasheej

Make sure you take the air line fitting off first. the one opposite the control knob as there is a valve screw that is the control for the air in. If not you will brake it then you will have to get a new one.

tx399999

First remove the cap by loosening the two set crews. Then, while gently turning the knob clockwise, loosen the small screw in the hole on the opposite end. When that screw is loose the knob will screw out easily. When it's free, push down on the knob and pull out the pin from the shaft. Pull it all apart, clean it, oil it, and put locktite on the backside screw before reassembling. Don't bottom out the small screw, just turn it in about five times. That should fix any problems.

Attachments

rhinob

Excellent directions. Repair went without a hitch and is functioning as advertised. A little Molykote 55M grease helped with the sealing cup friction.

Mucho thankso TX!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks