• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M819: BuildingMover(PICS)

No.2Diesel

Hi,

This is sort of a continuation of the previous thread: "M819 Saves Barn." You may remember that the original cable snapped on our previous outing so we ordered a 400ft. reel of 9/16" dia. 6x19 wire rope with a fiber core, just like the original. The crane takes exactly 105ft. with a 3-part line. Nominal breaking strength is around 33K lbs. It came with a line termination on one end.

We had the oppurtunity this past weekend to rearrange the placement of one outbuilding and transport another from 9 miles away. Special permits for oversized loads? Whats that? 8) We also met Benni72 (extremely nice guy) and his showroom condition Deuce. I'm still drooling... :drool:

Please enjoy the pics!!

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, great pics of the wrecker in action! Are these historic buildings that had to be moved, just like the 1700s barn you guys disassembled?

No.2Diesel

Yeah the goal is to recreate the assemblage of structures in size and location from about 1780-1820 by using old photos and insurance atlases.

We finally got to use the outriggers. They are pretty easy to setup with two people.

It was fun. We used all 26ft. of that boom!! I don't know how you 816 guys get by with 18ft. :)

I'm ready for an MC-1 or bigger! 8)

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jacks has at least one MC-1. How do you think us deuce crane owners feel with only 16' of stick.

madsam

Pic, 'Outbuilding1_6.jpg', reminds me of the movie Chity-Chity Bang Bang where the grandfather is picked up in his out house. "Its a traveling life for me..."

tjcouch

madsam said:
Pic, 'Outbuilding1_6.jpg', reminds me of the movie Chity-Chity Bang Bang where the grandfather is picked up in his out house. "Its a traveling life for me..."

P-O-S-H, posh!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks