• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M819 CLUTCH

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
well i got the trans on the ground, pulled the pressure plate and clutch disk, heres what i found ,a broke pressure plate disk, look at the pic, ive never seen one break like this , iv seen some real tore up pressure plates but nothing like this.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That's pretty strange. I have seen fingers break and plates overheat, but I have never seen one crack like that.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
no, getting out of the hole whould not have done it, i didnt slip the clutch, as you can see in the pics , theres not even any hot spots, real strange, if anybody has seen this before and knows the cause please let me know, thanks

Knucklehead

I have seen this before in a Mack. A mechanic was trying to install a clutch assembly solo and dropped it onto the concrete floor, he put it back in and it failed in a couple of days. It fractured just like yours did. It dropped straight down and landed on the edge.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
wow, THANKS, ive done a lot of big clutches , but never have seen this, there again i know better not to drop this kind of stuff

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
well it together and loaded for toccoa, toccoa is going to get the wrecker minus the bumper, but with clints mud, oak tree dropings, ect., ill just tell everybody thats this is no trailer qreen, just a working (for the time being anyway) wrecker

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good deal Ron. Everything working OK? Is the PTO still on the tranny or wil you need to add that when you do the front winch?

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
rayn, yep that would be nice behind the 819 even though its 9'6" wide, i think he is asking way to much, i know where one is for about 1/2 i think, needs a few tires and landing gear, but those things are not a bigge, the old rodgers was gone the last time i looked, though if i get a chance ill ask about it