• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M871 trailer - RECOVERY

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Last Thursday I recovered my M871 that I won from GSA. I had Corey (ca1517) as my co-pilot. Learned that one should NEVER try to fill up at a walmart gas station. (Bad pump, massive traffic, ended up jumping the curb just to get out of there since a semi pulled in and blocked everyone) I pulled out of my house about 5:50am. Fuddled around with filling up and getting over to Corey place at about 6:50am. From that point we headed southwest into Alabama taking the scenic route. First stop was at a huddle house for a nice breakfast. (Pic of the truck) Next pic is us getting back into his section of town around 2:30ish pm and grabbing lunch at subway. Trailer did give us a bit of a fit. But it turns out what I thought was a trailer issue was actually my truck! Someone installed the trailer connector 90 degrees out. So I ended up cannibalizing a spare interconnect cable and perm. wiring it into the trailer. aua Also the brakes seemed to keep dragging on the trailer. Ended up being the relay valve had crud in it (as well as a spider that called the outlet port it's home). I cleaned all the dirt and grime out of the valve and get a little better braking action now.

Funny thing is, my SF97 from GSA is already here! I'll send it off next week for the title and tag.

Plans for it basically are to toss a shelter or shipping container on it to make into a "RV camper".

Only coolness noted thus far is a brand new spare. Oh and it has all the sides as well. I think it has bows too.

Attachments

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's standard from my old motorpool on storing the sides. Never saw any bows or anything besides a standard tie down tarp... Nice score though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks