• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M880 Seat Cover Source?

m38inmaine

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a source for new seat covers for the M880?, looking for original types not the "covers". Also looking for a non cracked glovebox door.

Thanks

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I received your PM on the GB door, very slim chance that I have a good one, but I have one more truck to check. Any 75 to 79 or so can work, todays paints can make any color look right! <be careful of a shady ebayer out of Whitehall PA>

I do have 1 NOS seat bottom, beautiful! but I won't part with it for less than $200 plus shipping from 48739

Last edited:

m38inmaine

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the reply Bob, will seriously consider the seat, standing by for a reply on the glovebox door. The M882 is alive, fired up and runs great. Pulled the dash and fixed all the bulbs, now have dash lights and a working fuel gage. Will post pictures of it soon.

jatonka

I haven't been able to get a seat for a sample yet, when I do I will be able to make seat covers for the M880 series of trucks. I am working on it. JT out

m38inmaine

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have one I can send, I sent you a PM reguarding covers/sending a pattern but never received a reply.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The military replacement covers were just sewn from a plain vinyl and did not have the pattern of the original. The back and bottom have the same pattern.
Also worth noting, the Dodge Warlock & Lil Red Wagon trucks also could be had with black bench seats,
although I believe they had a different pattern, yet I've seen at least one with the M880 seat pattern.

JT,
Not sure if you're looking to make a reproduction cover or a replacement cover.
If your going for reproduction, perhaps we could trade my NOS seat bottom for a spin on oil adapter setup for a multifuel.

m38inmaine

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bob, is your NOS seat bottom plain or original pattern?, any luck with the glovebox door? Here are a couple of pictures of my M882, also what I think are towbar adapters for the 880. They were bolted to the front, I removed them thinking they were part of an old plow setup, then I noticed the original od paint on them.

Attachments

Last edited:

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bob, is your NOS seat bottom plain or original pattern?, any luck with the glovebox door? Here are a couple of pictures of my M882, also what I think are towbar adapters for the 880. They were bolted to the front, I removed them thinking they were part of an old plow setup, then I noticed the original od paint on them.
Factory original seat
No Go on an uncracked Glove box door ( Need a reproduction of these)
Yep, those are the towbar adapters, the plates they bolted to are part of the adapter kit.

m38inmaine

Steel Soldiers Supporter
These were bolted directly to the front frame sections, same as the front tow hooks, are you saying there are additional parts required for proper installation? I found a source for NOS doors but they want $75, seems a bit high.

m38inmaine

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked mine over and I don't see how the plates would attach, do you have a picture of yours installed?

maxim

My seat is not too bad. However I had a thought after restoring M37 seats to just make a cover out of some of the left over canvas. So some measurments and time got this bottom cover made up to replicate to seat. Double stitched the edges and will grommet the edges and use rope to secure it just like the m37 seats. Warmer in the cold and cooler in the hot temps and still retain the MV look and feel and I get the 'smell of canvas'.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks