• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M880 wheel width

86M10086.2L

I just got off the phone with a gentleman that told me that the original wheels on the M880 and the W200 3/4 ton civilian versions are 8 inches wide. Is this true. I am looking to install some 16.5 inch tires on my truck and rather than use some goofy looking aftermarket wheels, I'm looking for some plain jane steel wheels like the ones on my truck now. I understood that the wheels were about 6.5 inches wide like the M1008's wheels. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
6 7/8 wide
I have 36-12.50-16.5 humvee tires on a set, they are a bit narrow
Alfa Heaven uses the Dodge rims on the CUCV's & M880's with humvee tires.
humvee rims could be used with 2"thick steel spacers, Do NOT use aluminum spacers!

86M10086.2L

You have the Hummer tires mounted on the 6 inch rims? Aren't they a little narrow for that? I was told the 3/4 ton trucks had a 8 inch wide rim and that the vans and some of the 2wd trucks had the 6 inch rims. If I can use the 6 inch rims, there's a set here locally. I'll grab them if thats the case. but I thought the bare minimum for 12.5 inch tires was a 8 inch rim. The guy I spoke to was quite clear on them being 8 inch rims from a 3/4 ton w200 from 72-90 with the 8 lug pattern to use the humvee tires.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M880 rims are stamped 6 7/8 (6.875")
Van & 2wd were 6" wide
Many people do not know how to measure rim width, it is NOT outside to outside.
Humvee rims are 8.5 wide I believe

W200 plain jane wheels were never 8" wide
Dodge did offer wagon wheels that were 8.5 wide as an option

Attachments

Last edited:

TedG

I agree with Bob on rim size. I have 3 nos dodge rims, 6.875 x 16.5, for sale. just need repaint from storage scraps & surface rust.