• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M886 Conversion?

Billy Bob

Hello,

I was wondering about the feasibility of converting a 1977 M886 ambulance into an overland type camper. I've seen people convert M1010s and was just wondering if the same could be M886 since there is one for sale in my area. If any of you guys have pictures or advice I'd love to see and hear them!

Thanks,
Billy Bob

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No reason why you can't.

It's a 3 spd auto with a 318 gasser.

The only thing is, parts are nowhere near as available as they are for a square body chevy. I actually prefer the cabover portion of the 886 because the extra room. Crawling through the access door on the M1010 is a PITA.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks