• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M915 Cargo conversion

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pics of what this looks like. Looks a little like a smaller MTVR. Not exactly in love with this. The bed hangs over the back of the frame considerably. Thanks to SS member PUZZLED for the bed from his about to be bobbed deuce.

The concept here is to be a flat-tow rig with cargo area for ballast.

Attachments

quickfarms

You could convert it to a weed burner and move the bed forward a bid so that the axles are close to where the duece axles were and extend the frame a bit. What trans is in you m915?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks everyone. Yes, dump, 395's and paint are in the plans! 319, thanks for posting that pic of Doc's "950". I had never seen that. Looks like he straight piped his to make room to move the bed up 6". That makes for a noisy ride.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have any more photos and information on the shelter and the lifting jacks?
Sorry, don't remember whose hooch that is. It was at Haspin in 2011. hdexpert, Docfarmall, Kipman, Junkyard Wars Crusher, or Gimpyrobb may know.

Last edited:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have a dropside bed that I would like to mount on a removable frame so I could put it on the back of my next M915.
I also have some big hydrolic cylinders laying around that might make it into a dumper.
It would ride high since I plan to keep the 5th wheel on it but as heavy as the truck is I don't think it would be too big an issue as long as I take it easy on the turns.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bob it! That bed that is. Hack one section out and move it back to match up with the frame rails. Fab a box or tire rack to go between the 9' bed and cab.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep. On the shelter. If I remember right, it can be an "electrifying" job getting on and off the truck.
Trying to remember his username. 1970m35 something? Should be some info buried in the older haspin threads.

Yep. On the shelter. If I remember right, it can be an "electrifying" job getting on and off the truck.
Trying to remember his username. 1970m35 something? Should be some info buried in the older haspin threads.

Matt is Matt1970M35A

Not sure why he truncated the 2 off of the end of his username.

Sometimes refered to as "Hank" because he likes to do a "Hank Hill -King of the Hill" impression.

Here is a thread regarding the shelter.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/auxillary-equipment/36199-s280-shelter-removal.html

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes the 915 makes a awesome cargo truck . SW i have another bed but how would i pull that awesome trailer we got from you if i make another M950A2C?

You'd better use the heck out of that trailer or I will feel bad for selling it to you......

;-)