• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M915 fuel line woes

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
As some of you know when I picked up my new M15 some Ahole had twisted the fuel line off where it comes out of the injector pump.

I have a new line ordered but it appears that it is impossible to get to the rear of the engine where the fuel line goes into the block to send fuel into the injectors.

Does anyone have working knowlege of how to replace that line other than pulling the engine or removing the cab?

It looks to me like I may have to cut an access hole into the firewall under the dash to get to the infernal thing.

I have also considered replacing the damaged part of the line with a braided stainless steel line and attaching it to the existing line with a compression fittiing.

My old school Cummins mechanic says I can do it but that it will leak eventually due to vibration.

There is not alot of room to work on that side of the engine but at least you can see what you are doing.

Any ideas from subject matter experts????

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked at the manual to see what you were talkiing about. That line is the same as hydraulic brake tubing. I can see no reason why a flare union in the long line would pose a problem.

Last edited:

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
murphy was in that truck last. dont you hate him so.. i dont see any problem with that fix up.. but the access hole in the cab is not a bad idea either. :beer:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Have you tried to get to it with a crows foot wrench?
There is absolutly no way to get to the back of the engine that I can see.....2-3 inches of clearance between the engine and firewall and all sorts of stuff in the way too. It requires two wrenches for the operation...one to hold the fitting that goes into the block and one to turn the flare nut.

Will you have room for a flaring tool? That'd be the ideal solution. Then you can use standard fittings and hard or soft line to finish it.
There is another line in front of the fuel line (maybe a return line) that would have to be removed to get to the long run of tubing along the side of the block.....once that is remove I might have enough room to get a flaring tool in there. That is why I am thinking compression fitting.....just splice into the steel line with a piece of high pressure flexible stainless steel line.

Now that I am back from my great adventure I'll explore all my options before I commit to a course of action.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd go with a crows foot line wrench. Sometimes they can be difficult, other times they come off easily. Spray some lubricant on the nut and use a BU wrench. Sometimes a bit of heat does the trick.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks