• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M915A1 In New Mexico

Hello everyone, I just wanted to share some photos of an M915A1 Tractor
I spotted on the near by Indian reservation. It is nearly perfect condition,
painted 3 color camo. This is the only M915A1 that I have seen in New Mexico
that was not in the hands of the military. The sad part is this is the exact truck
I am hunting for! What a tease! My wife like to had a heart attack when i whipped a U-turn on the highway to go back and look it over. Note the chrome
axle caps and lug nut covers. I sure hope they take care of it, its just as nice as when it was new! What I'd give to have it.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for posting the pics. It is a little unusual that there are no plates or registration stickers on the truck. I would assume NM laws would have to be followed even on a reservation.

Beautiful country there in the background.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
They just sold a bunch of them out of Holleman AFB in NM....this may be one of those....they had the CAT trannys in them and looked seriously neglected....someone had left the windows open and there was a ton of dust in the cabs.
There were prob several diamonds in that pile of coal.

They just sold a bunch of them out of Holleman AFB in NM....this may be one of those....they had the CAT trannys in them and looked seriously neglected....someone had left the windows open and there was a ton of dust in the cabs.
There were prob several diamonds in that pile of coal.
This particular truck was the M915A1 with the Allison auto in it. The ones
that came up at Holloman were the 915 with Cat trannys. And yes they had been neglected missing parts and an inch of dust/dirt inside the cabs. As far as plates and all the legal stuff, thats kinda up in the air. This particular reservation kinda does what it wants, and if the truck never leaves the res.
they can get by without plates. I would like to know where the truck came from, all the markings are still on the truck but they didnt show up very good in the pics( from my phone) and I was in a hurry so i didnt get to write them down. I may not see the truck again but if i do I get the info.