• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M915A5 serial/vin

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Picked up a M915A4. Has a Freightliner glider kit full vin number but when I run the vin it comes back as a military series FLD120 incomplete vehicle. I dont see any other data plate with a military serial number which is what I would normally use to reg a military truck. The component data plate says to ref the vin when ordering parts. Has anyone else seen this?

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't have any good information for you, but can you tell me if your A4 has a Cummins NTC-400 Big cam I or Big Cam III?

I believe A4s are A0s turned into A3s, basically. I think this also accounts for why there are hardly any M915A0s - they all got turned into A4s.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Its a 2002 Freightliner glider kit (cab, front axle and frame) with rebuilt Cummins big cam mechanical engine and the 2 rear axles from a first gen M915. And throw in an Allison HD4560P wtec3 trans. So the glider kit has a full 17 digit vin. Its a neat truck.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 915A2 has a small data on the drivers door with full numbers then there is another plate on the dash and says CARC and the full set of numbers. I order parts using the last six of that number and have no trouble getting parts from Freightliner. Yes they are FLD120's and I had no trouble getting insurance or my tag using that number. Maybe I don't see your problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks