• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M916 Replacement Transmissions

Mark2X2

Just curious, I see a listing for a M916, it says it has a 9 speed transmission, shows a shift lever and clutch pedal. I have driven quite a few in active duty and reserves, all had the Cat 16 speed. Is this a replacement transmission or did Uncle Sam have them with 9 speeds. Can't post it or I will get in trouble, PM and I could tell you where I saw it.

goodguyzy

The only other tranny other than the original cat 7155 is the Allison HT4070 7-speed upgrade. Sounds like someone has done some custom work.

Mark2X2

You may be mistaking the Jake Brake actuating pedel with a clutch pedal. I've never seen a military M915/916 or other 900 models with a manual transmission.
I have driven M916 & M920's, I own 3) civilian tractors I know what I'm looking at. It is a clutch pedal and shift lever.

PM sent also you look at it

Last edited:

Bolkbich

I saw that truck last week, its definitley a road ranger and thats definitley a clutch pedal. I cant tell if they left it 6x6 though. I'd bet its an air actuated clutch set-up.