• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923/A1 Throttle sticks

gijoel

I have an M923/A1. Over the past three hundred miles I notice my throttle would stay open until yesterday, all the time it would stay open. The accelerator pedal and linkage is fine. I verified this by having a buddy hit the gas pedal and everything goes back properly. Only after hitting the accelerator pedal many times would it stop and idle down. I did a search on the web and will hit the manuals this weekend and only found a PS Sept 2000 about this, but I could not access it.

Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations.

Thanks
Joel

sandcobra164

I curious about a few things in your post. Do you have a NHC 250 or a 6CTA motor? Easy was to tell is if you have 6 injection lines coming from the pump or 1. If you're motor has only 1 line going to the head you have a NHC-250 which is fine. In my experience, as long as a NHC250 has been adjusted properly in concerns of the linkage and idle adjustment, she will idle fine. If you pull the hand throttle out 2 clicks, she'll run on the governor till you shut her off. She'll also run wide open if she's sucking air with the throttle closed and at idle. Makes no sense to me either but she will scream with throttle set to idle and while sucking air. In your you case, start by checking any rubber components that feed the IP.

wsucougarx

If your throttle sticks, there was an article in the PS Magazine. It was simply relocating the throttle cable to a different location. I'll have to see if I can relocate the article.
Thinking he has an NHC-250 if he has an A1.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is the return spring present? I have an A2 that had a low idle and the TM's were total BS. I had to remove the entire linkage, adjust and tighten to get the idle speed right. I noticed if one spring broke it would probably runaway.

Last edited:

gijoel

Well, I finally got a chance too look at the linkage again and all looks okay. But I did notice I have some wear marks on on a cover plate. I moved attempted to move the linkage arm away as for it not to rub. I only succeeded in punching a hole in this plate. Anyway, I guess I will be tearing it apart as to understand why its the throttle stays open and to build it.

I might add, I checked for rubber grommets and other gaskets and found the two to be in okay shape.

Joel

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks