• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 Allison Trans overheating?

brazengoat06

Just picked up our 84 M923 from GL lot and drove 10 hours home. Everything looked and felt great except trans temp guage was running hot. First it got to 260 so we pulled over and checked fluids. All looked ok and end of dipstick was not hot but only warm. Further down the road it was reading 300. Im going to assume that its gotta be a sender or temp guage issue since 300 would melt a trans, at least what trans ive worked on before. My only thought is to drive truck and reach these temps on the guage again and hit the pan with my infrared temp gun and see what it shows. Anybody have any suggestions? thanks!

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im going to assume that its gotta be a sender or temp guage issue
Good bet.

My only thought is to drive truck and reach these temps on the guage again and hit the pan with my infrared temp gun and see what it shows. Anybody have any suggestions? thanks!
You don't need any help, you are already on the right track.

RIDDLE1

Did you ever fix this? I just picked one up and it shows it it running 325 but the fluid is not that hot.

The fluid is overfilled though.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
an easy test to verify your sending unit is working correctly is to switch it with your water temp sending unit. They are both the same.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks