• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 DIY bows and uprights

romanservices

so I've got the cargo cover and a set of 12 corners, the truck had one complete bow on the bed when I got it. I'm thinking about just making a set of bows and uprights. Like I said I have one already so I can duplicate the curve and length. What material would you suggest using?

Here are the options I have come up with.
order a sheet of 1" x 4' x 8' marine grade plywood and just cut strips
- Steam bend
Composite boards -
- heat bend
Pressure treated 2 x 4 cut down to proper thickness and width
- not sure of best way to apply the bend

thoughts and suggestions?

Thanks

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's no need to pressure treat as the bows can be covered when on the truck.

Oak works great and can be bent, there is a thread here somewhere on how to do that.

Cheapest and easiest of all is to put a want ad here in the classifieds, and someone will sell you what you need for a reasonable price.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks