• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 transfer case handle shorting out

ASITool

When shifting from high range into low range (while depressing the button on the end of the shifter) one of the wires shorted out on the seat frame. It's blown some fuse somewhere and now the t-case is stuck in neutral. Has anyone come across this problem and do you know where a fuse might be located? Thanks!

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have not seen the shorted wires, but your air release for the transfer case shiftier may not be working right.
If you drain the air out of the truck it should shift back into high.

jvero

I'm not sure about a fuse of any kind, however I have had this issue. A week ago or so, I was out at night, and when attempting to shift from low to high I saw a bright spark. I haven't had a chance to investigate it yet. I notices the lever was grounding out on the little "roller" sensor for the parking brake. To avoid it I carefully shifted it so it wouldn't come in contact with that sensor. I will try to take a look and see if I notice anything. I am interested to hear if anyone else has ever experience this.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe those wires have a capacitor under the cab. Check the p2p software but I recall seeing a capacitor before when I installed my air ride seat.

mcmullag

Yesterday I found the wires to the transfer case switch worn through, one completely in two and hanging free. I did see what may be a capacitor under the cab that one of these wires runs through. I thought a capacitor stored energy, is this really the fuse or is there a fuse under the dash? I will keep looking around. I am terrible at trying to find stuff in the TM's but will keep trying. My transfer case only shifts when all the air is drained.