• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 year?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
It might be marked on the data plate or you could donate a few dollars to carnacs cause and he could cross reference it or you could use the date on the engine tag.

Amer-team

Thank you for the information on this. Am just starting the research on the same topic and truck. I do know the number on the engine tag and on my truck the engine is an 08/06, which means that I couldn't license it as a historic vehicle for about 23 years. If I can get it back to an 84 or 85, which a lot of these trucks seem to be, I can get historic registration as early as next year.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The engine was replaced then. What does it say on the data plate? If it is not marked anywhere and you submit for the sf97 as a 1984 then you will get a sf97 that says it is a 1984.

randygk

Find the frame number and Carnac may or may not be able to specify a year. Your variation (A1, A2) may limit the year range. Look at the transmission, axles and transfer case - all have date codes. When your done with all that, figure out what year you want it to be and (as Suprman stated) submit a request for the SF-97 and you're done. I spent countless hours and calls to American General looking for the date of my 5 ton and never did find an answer.

Amer-team

Thank you to both of you for the tips. Will get on looking. It is a straight 923, so it looks, from other threads that they were in the 83 - 85 range. Now need to get on the other numbers and figure it out.