• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A1 - over voltage / over heating

brownstone

New to Steel Soldiers, so please be gentle! :-D

Got two problems, I don't think they are related, but you never know. Got a M923A1, altenator was putting out 20v max, so the batteries were slowly being killed, replaced it with a Wolverine Tech (Thanks Joe!! -- I still have the case and the $100 I owe you, CALL MEEEE!!) last fall/winter. It ran fine until a few weeks ago... now when I fire it up, I get 30vdc + at the main, and after about 10 - 20 minutes, the volt meter starts jumping, all the way past the red... then it stops running and won't start for about 5 minutes, at this time the volt meter shows no volts, but I do have lights (not dim or anything), but I do not here the control box relay click. I did here a click (Relay?) just before it could start, though... then it will show voltage... in the yellow (why couldn't show volts?!?!) so I'm guessing about 22v. This happens very suddenly, like over-voltage protection kicking in, but I could not find anything in the TMs about such a thing. This also happens to be when the engine is at 240 also... (engine hot light evidently does not work either... neat.) again I found nothing about an over heat shutdown, and I have never heard of such a thing... Am I missing something, or is the over heating just that, overheating, and the over-voltage a bad control box? How do I test it? All I could find out about it was that there are two relays and something else (the TM I downloaded showed something blurry connected to ground). Other than that it runs great... it just shuts down... almost faster than if I turned it off!

Any help would be great!!

Brownstone

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks