• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 8 rib generator pulley needed

tunakiller

I am looking for a new pulley for my 91 M923A2 generator. Size is 8 rib 69MM OD, 17MM shaft (.670 in) with keyway. Anyone know where I can get one? Tried NAPA= cannot get, tried everywhere online and off with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is the NSN?

tunakiller

What is the NSN?
Do not have the NSN for the 8 rib. The NSN for the original generator I replaced is 2920009092483 and the pulley NSN is 3020010906695 but the TM pic shows a 2 groove pulley not 8 rib serpentine like the original used. All pulleys are 8 rib and I'd rather stick with the 8 than replace the others. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upload/939/TM9-2320-272-24P-1.pdf = page 125

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are probably looking at the A1 section you need to find it under A2. Different motors different belts.
Yes, the a2 alternator is listed about 3 pages further back in the same tm.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The first number is available from cummins

Also found on ebay for $50.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am looking for a new pulley for my 91 M923A2 generator. Size is 8 rib 69MM OD, 17MM shaft (.670 in) with keyway. Anyone know where I can get one? Tried NAPA= cannot get, tried everywhere online and off with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
I'm looking at one right now on a popular auction site. That's where I bought mine last month.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And I was driving at the time. And after Andy looked at there were two problems one was a poor install on the pulley and the pulley was made in India.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Many Cummins parts are made in India.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just know that when I do federal jobs they will not let you use foreign parts everything has to be made USA.
So it was a shock to see.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cummins manufactures in China, India and Brazil. Very little is made in the USA now.

Andrmorr

Cummins manufactures in China, India and Brazil. Very little is made in the USA now.
Cummins in BFE, Case International Harvester is made in Turkey and the final blow...GM is owned by FIAT??? ...How American were those names...The famous quote goes "As Gm goes, so goes the nation"... Seems nothing is safe anymore...That's what makes SS even more important... to preserve what was/is the basis of the Red/White & Blue...our Military Heritage...If you think about it, we will be the Ham Radio operators of the vehicular world when it really hits the fan!

Last edited:

Wile E. Coyote

I have seen three failures like this already in the PNW. I haven't done a post-mortem on any of them yet, but basically the pulley will let go and chuck the belt. At first I thought they were assembled with either the wrong torque, no woodruff key or the incorrect woodruff key - but after having read the magic phrase "Made in India", I wouldn't at all be surprised if they just mechanically failed/ collapsed.

Two of the trucks in the JBLM GovPlanet lineup recently were so afflicted - and even though they described the trucks as 'running', it was pretty obvious from the engine compartment pics clearly showing the missing belt etc. that they wouldn't be running...far :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks