• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923a2 air compressor

M923A2newbe

My 1990 M923A2 with a 8.3 cummins is having a compressor problem. It is pumping air into the coolant system. Has anyone have any expreince with taking the compressor off. Is there anything I need to know about timing of the gears or anything that I should know before I pull it off. I could have a blown head gasket or even a cracked head. Thats all I think it could be but I don't know the system well as I am new to working on truck and diesels. Thanks

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This would be better off had it been placed in the 5 ton section of the forum so people with experience with 5 ton air compressors could see it. I'll move it for you, but for future reference, place it in the best location of the forum that pertains to the equipment you are working/posting on. Also, the title could be a little/LOT more informative simply by adding "M932a2" before the Air Compressor, so people will actually look at it (I'll fix that for you too). If I hadn't been a mod, I would have just looked at the title and moved on because I could care less about an air compressor. But, If I have a 5 ton and saw a good descriptive title, I would have looked at it.

Welcome aboard and good luck with your compressor and truck.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your compressor is water cooled, is it not?

I'd be looking at the air compressor.

This may be a good time to download the technical manuals and learn to use them.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Does the engine feel like its loosing or lacking power? Is there air pressure or blowby coming out of the vent tube hanging down at the back if the motor? The air compressor has coolant flow thru for cooling but it is separate from the airflow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks