• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 Door hinge adjustment

twisted60

Need help to "align" door.

Yesterday I pulled the drivers side door to fix a broken hinge bolt that froze in the hinge. I had to take the hinge to a local welding shop for tooling to pull stuck bolt, all went well and I put everything back together and hung the door but now the bottom rear of the door drags when closing. I can not find a procedure in the TM's to align the door.

Any tricks to align the door ?

Thanks

twisted60

I am using the same door, it fit fine before, there must be a way to align it so that it does not drag on door frame. I've tried loosening the screws on the hinges and lifting the door up in the rear then re tightening the screws but maybe I don't have the right order. Top first the bottom or ???

Csm Davis

Sounds like you need to adjust the triangle shaped guide onthe rear to pickup the rear a little and might swap the upper and lower hinges

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On some doors I had to heat up the hing and bend it the way you need, does not take much.
Also I removed it from the truck to heat it up.

twisted60

Big thanks to CSM Davis, I tried swapping the hinge's as he suggested. I swapped the half's that mount to the frame, placed a paint stir stick under door, closed it and dropped the hinge bolts in. Everything bolted back together and lined up perfect.

Note to anyone needing to work on doors, mark the hinges, save yourself some trouble later.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks