• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m923a2 Gear Oil in Air filter canister??

Lccountryboy89

Hey guys fully servicing my newly acquired 1991 m923a2 today. Changed both fuel filters and got it back running without problem (thank God). But when I opened the canister to look at the air filter I noticed there was a large amount of what seems to be gear oil inside the bottom on the case and seems to be in where that plastic turbine is? I thought this was a closed system from the intake cab above the cab so just wondering where this oil could be coming from? Don't want to have a runaway engine so trying to figure out the source and how to fix it... any input would be appreciated!

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some units filled the air cans with a small amount of oil to capture dust and debris. I would clean it out and go on.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine was doing same thing its the interlock leaking and pressurising the t-case and pushing gear oil out the vent.
Bypassed air to it no more oil.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i will be checking the air filter on my 925a2 and ill check to see if there is any oil in my canister. l would like to know more about the bypass

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M936 is doing the same thing. I talked with Coffey1 some time back and we talked that it maybe the interlock, that is the one on top of the Transfer case.
I have not been able to get to my interlock on the M936.