• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923a2 IP issues???

fpchief

This will be a little long. Please bare with me.

Equipment status...starwheel all the way to motor, that other screw is turned out some. The fuel adjustment on the back of the pump is turned up some. All of this was from previous tinkering and things have been excellent other than throttle not retracting fully mayne due to weak return spring.

A test drive today with potential buyer, truck operated great, told him to put foot under throttle to bring rpm down some prior to shifting gears from drive to reverse.... He pulled up on throttle with foot....not hard.....having done so....it started acting exactly as if the fuel was turned back down all the way with almost zero power at take off. Now, when I go from stop it is as if it gets zero boost.....will start moving then all of a sudden it will get full power after maybe a few seconds of hard throttle.

Plus, truck has always started with a quick hit on started. Now, it takes mayne 2 seconds to fire. It's like it just isnt getting fuel. Have to press throttle for it to start.

Could it have really damaged something in the pump by pulling up on throttle with his boot??? It 100% has to be related to that linkage on the throttle.

Any advice is good.

Last edited:

fpchief

Thank y'all that reached out to give advice.

Have reset throttle, adjusted idle up just a bit and taken all slack out of throttle from pedal to pump. It has an excellent idle, good throttle response when sitting still. In reverse it is fine. In drive, it may or may not have power. When it does not...it may or may not give itself good fuel after a couple of seconds.

I am trying to make sure it can have nothing to do with the TV cable....or anything else.

Couple of questions on pulling the pump.
1) does it have to be #1 tdc to pull it.
2) how do you see timing pin with pump on if so? ....the TM is not very good on this part.
3) the puller looks to be the regular round puller used on 5.9..???

fpchief

Can anyone tell me if the timing pin is spring loaded. It was out, I tapped on the end of it and it went in about halfway. I am thinking it is riding on the timing gear waiting for hole to come around and fall in. Just not sure if I have to press on it while trying to barr engine over. Only got two hands.

fpchief

TM says TDC prior to removal. I do not see what it matters....pump will be timed before installation and pump off will allow easy timing of motor with the timing pin.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks