• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925 air brake valve?

So i've been having air issues on my m925. Its sporadic about building pressure and then over builds pressure. Ive been checking valves to see if I can find one sticking. Last night I took this valve off to check it. And managed to break it. Any help identifying it would be greatly appreciated. Its located at the back of the air tank behind the driver's step.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Jaun is right. The other number is 278614 . Double check valve #7.

Go ahead and replace the valve in front of it as well. It is KN23000. That way the whole section is new.

Those valves supply air to the spring brake tank and to the parking brake valve. This will not cause low pressure on the gauges. The secondary and primary tank gauges read off the passengers side tanks.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks for the help guys! Any thoughts on the cause of my issue? Its sporadic on pressure and the relief on the dryer pops constantly after it builds pressure. I put a new governor on and that just raised the pressure back to normal it was only running around 90-100 now it runs 120-130. It didnt matter on what the pressure was once the governor kicked in the relief starts popping.

Is it possible the filter is just plugged. I drain the tanks everytime i run the truck but i never put any alcohol in the system last winter.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Pressure protection valve on the front of the wet tank can cause over pressure and a constant relief of the air dryer. Especially when they freeze up. Check both of the butterfly valves to make sure they arent loose on the handles.

Ok well i eliminated the ppv for testing purposes and it changed nothing. At the risk of sounding like i know nothing,(as far as the mechanics of air brakes i dont). Butterfly valves??

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Ok well i eliminated the ppv for testing purposes and it changed nothing. At the risk of sounding like i know nothing,(as far as the mechanics of air brakes i dont). Butterfly valves??

The shut off valves. One right by the ppv. One on the top of the tank beside the transfer case. They wear out and can open and close on their own with air pressure
https://youtu.be/ry0ZREQRzQ8

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Are you sure its the relief popping and not the small valve on the bottom of the dryer? Sounds like popcorn or alot of bubblewrap at one time constantly

Well it wont let me post a video bit i am certain its the relief on the front of the dryer. Its adjustable and i can screw the adjuster in tight and make it stop.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Well it wont let me post a video bit i am certain its the relief on the front of the dryer. Its adjustable and i can screw the adjuster in tight and make it stop.

Replace it with a pipe plug. The lil piece of rubber inside has failed... prob gunked up. Pull your metal line off the compressor and see how much gunk is in it

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks