• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925 squeek from motor need help!

carbonraptor

So i purchased my second vehicle not that long ago and just recently got it home! i ended up having it transported from washington back home to oregon due to a transfer case issue that was relatively simple it turns out but im findout out now that upon starting up the NHC 250 i hear a squeeking from the engine that lasts about 6 seconds and then its gone. To me it could be either a squeeky belt altho they all seem tight? Or possibly a bearing on the crankshaft not getting enough oil just yet which really i hope thats not the case because that leads me to believe the oil pump is taking a dive. the oil looks new. and no signs of a head gasket issue. The oil level is to the full mark. The motor fires right up but it just has this squeek. It doesent try to bog the motor either. just a squeek and then its gone. When i go to turn the motor off and let it sit for a minute and restart it, it doesent squeek? im not sure what to think of this and could really use some advice from all you guys out there thats seen this kinda issue. :) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

carbonraptor

one other thing i would like to add is according to the odometer its only got 12900 miles on it even tho i know they get swapped out a lot and you never really know but based on the condition of the truck and the appearance of the motor it seems like thats a pretty resonable number.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could you upload a video of the startup squeak and post a link here? Or offer me beer to come and look at it in person?

Nice looking truck.

carbonraptor

lol yea ill try and take a vid of it tomorrow :) i would say just come have a look if y want but im busy all night :( i gotta tear apart my engine on my mitsubishi lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks