• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M925A2 Starting

plainside

HI again,

Went to start my 5ton after sitting for a week or so and it fired right up as it always does with 1 sec of cranking. let it warm up and moved it 50' and shut it down. Then go to start it 3hrs later 70 degrees outside and it took 3 attempts cranking to get it to start, then the same thing again this AM. Runs great once it starts. It cant loose prime just like that I would not think when it has never shown signs of this before? did shut it down wrong with the battery before the engine switch cuz I was in a rush... all started after that, but that shouldn't have anything to do with it right? Thanks in advance.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No its not good for it they say but I have made same mistake and so far has had no I'll effect on my truck.

MtnSnow

The improper shutdown sequence can damage things such as the PCB along with switch contacts and that might be causing the fuel stop to not pull in when warm.

Monkeyboyarmy

If it does it again, open the hood and see if the fuel shut-off solenoid is letting the arm return completely. Sometimes they need a little grease where it slides.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What Monkeyboyarmy said. My 923A2 hangs up on the fuel cutoff wire, I really need to replace it, it's kinked up. I and my wife know if the truck doesn't start immediately or runs really sluggishly, the lever isn't fully forward.