• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M929/M930 Dump Box Floor Area?

HDN

I couldn't find it anywhere in the operators' manual - what is the floor area of the stock dump box on the M929/M930? I know it can hold around 5 cubic yards of material, but I'm curious about how the bed floor area size compares to an M35 or M923. Is it 12'x8', or something else?

eric67camino

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A little narrower and about 10' long. I can measure when I get home, if someone hasn't done so by then.

eric67camino

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry for the late response. If you still need the info, here's what I found:

Bed width, inside the rails: approx. 82" minus a little at the front where the bolts for the cab protector are.

Bed length, inside the tailgate to inside front panel: approx. 125" minus about 2 1/4" for the lip and brace at the front.

Bed depth, at side wall: 23" from floor to top of rail.

Attachments

Last edited:

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thus about 7 by 10 or 70 square feet and coming in at a whopper 140 cubic feet with 2 foot deep sides. Bringing the side boards up gets it to 280 and to the top of the headache "protector" then gets to around 420 cubic feet....minus what falls out the back.

Length of deuce is about 12' and the 5 ton is 14'. Not sure of width. My bed on my 1061 is 8' x 14'.

Reactions: HDN

HDN

Thank you for the measurements and comparisons! Without side boards, the 5-ton dump has about half the box volume of a typical commercial dump truck. But I don't think commercial dump trucks were meant to drive through the same things the 5-ton dumps were designed to.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My small farm is nearly all pure sand...and I have an area of muck that is like being on jello. Turning is not an option. getting in and out will require low.. going forward I'll engage the front.

I'll see how a loaded 1061 pulls in my sand soon making wind rows. I think it will do great going straight but really cut in on the ends.

Reactions: HDN
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks