• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M929A2 Engine, Exhaust or Jake Brake

kmfcap

Do these dump trucks come with this type of brake? Read about fitting a replacement in one of the TM's but haven't noticed any of the ones for sale have a switch for this????

FullSpecial

I don't know, transmission might handle an exhaust brake but I doubt it would take a compression brake. Would love one
myself just for S&G. Anybody attempt such?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Do not think a engine or exhaust brake will work on a 939 series because of automatic and the UN-locking t/c, what would be NEEDED is a RETARDER for the transmission like the 915s ect, have.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Dave, that sure would be nice on the 819, I just do not have $450

lakeydna

Do not think a engine or exhaust brake will work on a 939 series because of automatic and the UN-locking t/c, what would be NEEDED is a RETARDER for the transmission like the 915s ect, have.
An exhaust brake will work fine on a M939, check out the TM, as it is an optional installed component.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This will work, Jacobs used to offer a set up like this, but technology is making this type of brake obsolete. You install a sender in the lock up port of the trans so the brake only works when the trans is in lock up. Still need to install a throttle switch. They work OK. They work better if the 60 psi exhaust valve springs are installed. Easy way to tell if the engine has the HD springs is to look at them and see if you can see a blue stripe and the springs are barreled, wider in the middle than at the top and bottom. I think I still have a lock up switch from Jacobs somewhere if someone wants a p/n. IIRC, all C's were built with the HD springs after 1994.

http://www.pacbrake.com/index.php?page=specifics-6