• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931a2 adjusting modulator cable ?

wiersema07

Bought a 90 BMY m931a2 with a cargo bed on it last week.
Only thing I’ve noticed is the shifting on it. 1,2 gear shift about 1800 rpm then 3 or 4 gear hits the governor at 2100 and hangs out (lags) til it hits 2100 rpm to shift.
Is this normal on the A2 series ? I’ve read it’s common on here or some guys talk about adjusting certain parts but nothing quite related what I see.
my 85 m923 I can’t remember it shifting like that.
Fluid level on tranny is full and doesn’t smell burnt nor discolored.
Also have read can tinker with the linkage or something for dropping the governor down?
Not sure if that’s something I want to mess with or mess anything up without seeing how someone’s done it. Hopefully someone else’s truck has done similar before I choose next step to try so it shifts sooner that taking forever to reach 2100 rpm and having it floored trying to get it there.
Thanks.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Shift up manually, you’ll be amazed at the difference. The trucks really weren’t designed to just put in 5-1 mode and driven like a civilian car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Remove the shoulder bolt from the throttle linkage. Turn the shifter cable bracket out 2 or 3 turns. Reinstall and test

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks