• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931a2 death wobble

Rooster828

Ive had this truck almost a year and just before winter I noticed the truck rocked back and forth like there was a 2x4 strapped to the front tire making it undrivable anything over 5 mph , so I bought some new tires on rims thinking I had a bent strap ,and just swapped out the front I thought was bad . Instantly it felt normal again. Took it for a
Ride and everything was great until at about 50 mph it started violently shacking. I had to stop the truck to get the wobble to end. Pulled back out and at about 40 mph it started shacking yet again , I limped it home
At 30 mph which it drove smoothly at that speed. I will mention I have no wheel weight on the side I replaced because I am in the process of disabling the ctis and I have the valve and cover removed , where on the drivers side I still have the valve and weight on. Not sure if that would make any difference or not. Any thoughts ?

charlesmann

i had the same issue. they had taken the ctis valve cover off. i didn't think much of it, didn't think it would be bad since it didn't weigh much. i was 100% wrong. i couldn't get above 45 mph without it doing the shimmy shake. i aired all tires up to 90 psi, instead of the 100 psi stated on the tire, took the valve and counter weight off the pax side, and cover, valve and weight off the driver side, then put it on the road. at 60 mph, it was nice and smooth. try removing all parts for the ctis and see if that helps, or put everything accosted with ctis and try that. its either all or nothing from the way mine acted.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks