• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931A2 Turn Signal problem! Urgent!!!!

Goinmxn

Urgent!!
I have a situation with my turn signals I could use some help with. Both my trucks are M931a2s. I was changing the lights on my salt spreader that is mounted to the truck and touched the turn signal wire to ground and now have no turn signals. I switched the flasher box from my other 931a2 but it did not help. The two flasher boxes look different (located to the left of steering column on the firewall), like one was upgraded maybe during a rebuild? The turn signal indicator light illuminates solid when you use it and the light itself shows no indication of lighting. I do not have access to the TM right now because all I have is my phone to work with and cell signal in the country where the trucks are parked. I need this resolved quickly as the trucks will go out tomorrow for the possibility of a storm Monday. I have searched SS and found no solid answers. I know I should defer to the tm now, but where I am I need you guys! If you help I could come plow you out in a blizzard......;)
Thanks
Steve
540-222-6245

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Swap out the controller and column switch together see what happens. If not that then you may have burnt out the light switch itself. Not uncommon to do. All of the breakers are self reset.

Goinmxn

Will, thanks! That was spot on. Now I need to borrow one for until I can get one in. Anyone in the Va area have one I could borrow until mine comes in??? I am desperate! I'll drive to you to get it and pay you for rental!!!!! Let me know if you can help me!
Thanks
Steve

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your headlights work then the problem is not (the circuit breaker in) the 3 lever light switch. Is your flasher module grounded really well?

Edit to fix incorrect info.

Last edited:

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
NDT that's not correct the light switch on my 923 would let every thing work except the brake lights.
Changed the light switch and all works as it should.

Goinmxn

I found a switch that I am going to try tomorrow am. I did as Will said and switched the flasher and the switch and that brought the signals back to life. So my upgraded flasher box in my 931 is paired with a switch that can not work with the other type flasher box, no cross compatibility. Thanks for the help, I knew could count you guys. Now, off to plow snow!
Steve

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
So the flasher took the hit ?

I have the same issue here on a m931a2 that I recovered, the switch lights but no lite lights, brake lights up, the truck is out of rebuild with low hrs, wonder if the switch and flasher are mismatched ??

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So the flasher took the hit ?

I have the same issue here on a m931a2 that I recovered, the switch lights but no lite lights, brake lights up, the truck is out of rebuild with low hrs, wonder if the switch and flasher are mismatched ??
The flasher is probably bad. My M929 did the same thing and it was the flasher. If you have another flasher, try swapping it to check.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There should not be any "compatibility" issue between flashers and switches.

There could be a compatibility issue if you have LED lights.

Goinmxn

I put an older style flasher in the truck and we are good. I have a new flasher on the way. I did find out how picky the ground cable is. I ended up putting the ground cable from the column on the same bolt as the harness ground. It was not grounding on the left side bolt so I did them together.
As I sit here on standby (I have over 40 hours of standby so far this year) I am contemplating on how to turn the bench into a more comfortable bed. I am short, so that helps but the bench is narrow. I have some ideas, anyone else done this? I level the driver seat out with the bench (air ride) and lay across it. I was thinking of removing the back of the bench, this would give me a lot more width and is easily returned to stock. Sorry about the rambling, bored while sitting here, which doesn't happen often in my life....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks