• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M932 Bobbed rear center from front for 14' ft bed

kfrosty

I've got a M932 and was going to crew it but time now is an issue. So I'm thinking about just bobbing it and putting a 14ft bed on it and then down the road if I ever crew, cutting the bed down.

So the question, has anybody bobbed one of these and stuck a 14't bed on it? I'm going to remove the tire carrier and everything behind the cab. I do have frame rails if I need to lengthen the frame but would prefer not to hassle with that unless absolutely necessary.

I'm thinking just mount the bobbed axle where the existing rear axle is now but wanted advice from others.

Thanks

dilligaf13

Most guys put a 12ft deuce bed, on the M931/M932, or in my case just cut down a full size bed. Extending the frame wont be necessary, unless you are carrying ridiculous weight which a bobbed truck won't do.

As far as the location of the rear axle, it's completely up to you. I've seen bobbed trucks at all different wheel bases and it's really just the preference of the owner. I usually put mine at the originally position of the front drive axle on a cargo truck. This allows me to re-use the original cargo truck drive shaft, versus having one built. Just my 2 cents...

kfrosty

Thank you for the input.

Just to clarify, I'm asking so it looks half way proportionate. I've seen ones where the axle is too far forward and it looks awkward. I don't mind getting a drive shaft lengthened or built.

I want the 14ft drop size as it seems the cab is going to take up 6 ft if I do a crew so that leaves a nice 8 ft bed on the bed down the road.

ArizonaGasMonkey

98G has cut down bed and I have also. I like the cut down look. I did a flatbed on my last one as it had more a more practical use when it was finished and bob was complete

Good Luck they are fun projects