• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M932A2 CTIS seals

GEMARSHALL

Hey everyone!
I have a 1992 M932A2 and I am having an issue with the rear axle's CTIS.
long story short, air service line had been plumbed into the rear CTIS line to the axles when the truck was frame stretched 9.5 feet, after the air lines were corrected, when the CTIS does its pressure checks on startup the air blows out between the brake drum and backing plate, doesn't sense any pressure and goes into all lights flashing mode and periodically tries to test pressures. The system worked 100% before we performed the stretch.

so I assume whatever transfers air to the tires through the axle blew out when it had service air hit it as all 4 brake drums on the back end are doing the same.
I was able to find a "rear hubs repair" in TM 9-2320-272-24-2 under 3-461 (pages 3-1258 to 3-1263)
however I am unsure if the depicted part #12 in those diagrams is what I need to fix this issue.
Where can I find the part numbers for what I will need to fix my problem and where can I order them from? I am in Saskatchewan Canada and was hoping to be able to find it local either from a shop that deals with CTIS on other more common trucks or with Rockwell driveline parts.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks