• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M934 or M920 camper

RPMRPM

I’m split between getting a M934A1 and putting engine brakes on it (I know I don’t need them but they sound so damn awesome) or getting a M920 and building a camper for it, do they have trucks with a longer wheel base on the M920 series other than the M911 since that’s to wide to drive on the road, also if I turn the fuel up on either one of them how do the transmissions hold up to a power increase also could you swap the drop axle on the M920 to a actual drive axle or is that not really doable

RPMRPM

I’m split between getting a M934A1 and putting engine brakes on it (I know I don’t need them but they sound so damn awesome) or getting a M920 and building a camper for it, do they have trucks with a longer wheel base on the M920 series other than the M911 since that’s to wide to drive on the road, also if I turn the fuel up on either one of them how do the transmissions hold up to a power increase also could you swap the drop axle on the M920 to a actual drive axle or is that not really doable
Also any of you with a M920 what is your opinion of the 18 speed air shift in general

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Also any of you with a M920 what is your opinion of the 18 speed air shift in general
The cat 7155 is reliable if it's maintained. I put a few hundred thousand miles on one. As has @ponway . Or spend the 5k and put a double OD 13 spd in it

920s aren't as long as 934s but they are faster and in my opinion more reliable with a load on it.

You can also stretch a 920 if you wanted to. 920 has a 211in wheel base stock. This is a 359in base.

Attachments

RPMRPM

The cat 7155 is reliable if it's maintained. I put a few hundred thousand miles on one. As has @ponway . Or spend the 5k and put a double OD 13 spd in it

920s aren't as long as 934s but they are faster and in my opinion more reliable with a load on it.

You can also stretch a 920 if you wanted to. 920 has a 211in wheel base stock. This is a 359in base.
What is the top speed on the 920? And do they have over sized tires for it to get a higher top end if needed for highway speed? Also do you know if the 7155 will hold up to a repower up to 500-600 or will not last and lengthening the frame is a great idea thanks.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
What is the top speed on the 920? And do they have over sized tires for it to get a higher top end if needed for highway speed? Also do you know if the 7155 will hold up to a repower up to 500-600 or will not last and lengthening the frame is a great idea thanks.
It's a triple countershaft transmission its pretty strong internally. The springs is the front clutch need to be swapped for stronger ones to handle alot of power. You aren't going to get more than 525 from a big cam before it becomes not reliable...

The transmission uses air to hold the clutches engaged the springs can't hold a lot of power before they weaken.

Top speed is 58mph with 11r24 tires which are 46in tall. You can put 1600s on it and it increases speed into the mid 70s.

An RTOO-14613 swap tops it out around 94mph.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a link to what I did. Food for thought. Truck likes 60 mph.

RPMRPM

Here is a link to what I did. Food for thought. Truck likes 60 mph.

That’s another awesome build man thanks for sharing it

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks