• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M934A2 into M927A2 and road trip

Csm Davis

Last couple of days we have been busy fixing a badly damaged M934A2 and adding a M927A2 bed to it. It had bad fork lift damage to the hanger bearing, fuel tank mounts, and air lines. The rear emergency gladhand was ripped loose and air line cut, the air line to the intermediate axle abs was ripped and plugged, and the main air lines to and from the air drier were crushed. 30 foot of new lines and ferrules and inserts got the air fixed up with a repaired gladhand and air system. Then a quick run to Wansley Machine and Driveline got the hanger bearing and two new u-joints replaced so then we could drop on the bed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Csm Davis

Mos68x and his brother brought his M934A2 by on Thursday to get a bed and they just left out heading back up to Huntsville Alabama to load up all his belongings and then head to Arizona.

Csm Davis

So just for everyone to know the 927 and 934 are NOT the same frame length, the 934 is 18" shorter than the 927, but the wheelbase is the same.

Mos68x

It has been an interesting last few days, to say the least. I'm just glad that we got everything fixed and it IS road worthy now, unlike what I was told. I'm fairly certain all that was done was grease the fittings and called it good. They did give me give me good working external lights though. Thanks again for all the help Jeff!

Mos68x

Remember that gladhand we fixed in the back Jeff? Yeah...I gotta fix it again, apparently it hung up in the trees around here at some point. I think this time though I'm going to mount both of them on the inside of the frame so that it don't happen again.