• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M934A2 "Van" specifications?

Gunny65

I have been reading the TMs to find any Van specs. Nothing surfaced. I am putting a fresh water holding tank in the van, under the bed frame. It is a 120 gallon tank. So, a little over 1k of weight in one quartered section of the van. I don't want to cause bending issues with van floor. I know the truck itself is fine. The floor of the van concerns me. Only about 6 inches of the tank will be over the frame. The rest of the tank and weight would extend out to the wall of the van (when the van is not extended). The tank is 61Lx28Wx16H. So, 22 inches would be out past the frame of the van and truck. Does anyone know where I can get load specs for the van?

**I put a better explanation further down in the thread.

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your post is a little confusing are you planing on hanging it from the floor of the van body ?
If so it probably won't handle it. If you build a cradle that supports it from underneath and attaches to the truck frame you should be fine.

Gunny65

Oh, yes I can see how it may be confusing. In my head it was perfectly understandable. �� I am building a bed frame inside the van. I want to put the fresh water tank under the bed, inside the frame of the bed. There is much less chance of freezing with the tank inside the van. Typically, the fresh water tank is not hung outside, in the open. You generally find it either inside or in a compartment that is heated in some fashion. This helps keep the water from freezing in the winter. I camp in the winter so it is an issue for me. I wouldn't worry about it if I could center it over the frame section as the cabinets and electronics the military put down the center of the van were well over 1000lbs. However, that area is the isle/walking space when the sides are not expanded. Just like a typical camper. I am extending the cab back and making a walk through from the cab into the van/camper so I can't put the tank in the middle up against the bulkhead. It needs to be off to the side a bit. That is why I am looking for load specs on the van. I would think the military had some manual to cover load placement and capacities for the van. I am just having trouble finding it.