• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936 Dash Questions

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hi All, These may be old tired questions but I seemed to come up empty trying to search for answers. The indicator lights in the picture below... I know for certain that the AIR LOW lamp is working. Turn on the truck, that lamp lights, the buzzer turns on and until air pressure builds - it stays that way. My PARK BRAKE lamp does not turn on when I pull up the handle beside the transfer case lever.

Is there a tool to use that engages those two "nubs" on the red indicator lamp covers? To unscrew the red cover and gain access to the bulb? My idea is use the known working bulb to test the non-working socket... I presume that the green lamp cover uses the same bulb as the others? TM seems to indicate that to be so?

Warning Lights M936.jpg Brake Light AddOnMaybe.jpg

Another more general question: The BRAKE lamp that appears to have been added later. Is that normal? And more specifically the wiring that is just hanging out in thin air... Is that normal?

Last of all - OPINIONS WELCOME - Should I just replace those bulbs with red LEDs and are they readily available? My truck has no chance of ever being in any sort of contest for being "all original" so that isn't an issue.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks