• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936 Floodlights - Control Switch - Any sort of Cab Control?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Looking through the TM 9-2320-272-10, Page 93 it mentions that a control switch -on- the floodlights turns them off and on. Nothing happened when I tried that today. I have two white work lights (floodlights) on My 936. Should have been a third one but the lamp under the boom is missing. (entire fixture)

MY REAL QUESTION is: Should I be flipping some sort of switch inside the cab to allow those lamps to light?

I have done nothing yet with a meter. The screws on the floodlight body (fixture?) are rusty, so I soaked them down with LPS before I wring them off trying to get to the bulbs. Logic says step one is to check bulbs and/or voltage? On the other hand, if there is a "main power switch" in the cab maybe I am hunting a ghost.

Do the Vehicle Service Lights have to be on for the floodlights to function on a M936?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Switch should power all 3 lights when on. Mine run without the main light switch engaged. Just use the test light or meter if you suspect the bulbs are good. They probably aren't though

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
If all three should come on with one switch (on the lamp housing) could it be that "nothing happened" be because the circuit isn't complete with the boom light missing?

Those two wires hanging in thin air and no socket leaves an open loop? Maybe?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
If all three should come on with one switch (on the lamp housing) could it be that "nothing happened" be because the circuit isn't complete with the boom light missing?

Those two wires hanging in thin air and no socket leaves an open loop? Maybe?
Nope. One will run even without the others

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
They are actually horrible lights. I would swap them if you are planning on using it at night.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
They are actually horrible lights. I would swap them if you are planning on using it at night.
Will an LED bulb in that fixture help the problem - or should I just start looking for something to really light up the night? Not sure that I will be using it at night, but they should function if they stay on the truck. More the idea of fixing things that "aughta work".

Since I am already missing the boom light, I have been poking around for a big fat juicy LED fixture. The truck isn't exactly "stock" but I was trying to avoid gaudy?

I ordered from the ebay link you sent. I can always resell them later. Thanks Wes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks