• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936 - Parking Brake, Continuous Buzzer?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
M936, Step 1 in setting up the wrecker is to engage the parking brake lever. As soon as I pull up the lever the buzzer sounds. It doesn't stop until the lever is pushed back down. (same sound as low air warning) The left warning lamp (red) just above the steering column stays on as well.

Is that normal?

That incessant buzzing would drive a person crazy if you had to stay in the cab for any time at all...

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thanks. Guess I will pass on disconnecting that buzzer - at least until I get more comfortable with the truck. The engine eventually drowns out the noise when throttled up to about 1100rpm to operate the hydraulics.

Speaking of which - that idle up isn't automatic. Throttle on the dash solves the problem though. I heard an air leak somewhere under the cab when I shut it down late this evening... Hadn't heard that before.

Everything else seems to be air powered on this truck. Maybe that automatic throttle circuit is too? Need to rummage my TM maybe...

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thanks 98G. It just sounds like it is really roaring at that speed. Definitely don't want to "cook" the transmission! Thanks for the info!

Reactions: 98G
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks