• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939A2 intermittently won't start

wehring

Ok, this is my week with M939A2s. I have one that is starting once per day, really. I can go out in the morning and it will fire right up. Run it for a while, shut it off and try again... nothing. No clicking or anything. It is like the dash switch is not hooked to anything. Let it sit overnight..... it starts right up again!!!!

Anyone? Bjorn...

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

wehring

progressive

Thinking about it... this truck did this twice before on different occasions but it seemed like a one-time-deal. Now it has progressed to constant.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe I read that the 900 uses the same black box as the 800. It will definately cause the symptoms you describe.
Yeah Justin, check that "protective control box". Made a simplified version for Chris a couple of years ago and you may want to look up that thread...

Attachments

Last edited:

wehring

Thanks folks...

I have had two calls today that said "check the box" and replies here are saying the same thing. I will move a box from another truck tonight and see how that works.

If this fixes it I would love to simplify this box to make the truck more reliable for the Alaska Trip.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

wehring

Smart folks

Chris, how I love this site. Thank you everyone for the info... it was the box. I changed it out with another one tonight and it is doing fine.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Justin, if the new box has a pipe plug near the connector, unscrew it to vent the box. I'll send you a sintered metal vent plug, to keep bugs out...I have couple of extras...

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks