• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M989A1 Trailer Pintle Hitch Plate Size Needed for Possibly Recovery ????

61sleepercab

I may have a long distance recovery project on a M989A1 trailer that is missing the bolt on pintle hitch ring .

What size pintle fits this ?? I am going by bad pictures and have no idea what size hitch plate to find. I hate to be out of town with the wrong size hitch stuff .

Any Info would be helpful. I have the TM but it does not give size of hitch ring plate. Mark

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Not really sure what you mean. Are you missing one of the bolts that attaches the lunette ring to the draw bar?B5190.JPG As far as the pintle hook goes, Duce size and up will work and with an empty weight of 11,000lbs air for the brakes would be a good idea.

61sleepercab

The trailer tongue is missing the whole ring. I found that the plate bolts are on 4.5 inch centers.

I have a Chevy 1 ton duelly and manual transmission that could tow ok if carefully done. Mark

86m1028

I towed mine off base to a storage place (about 7 miles) with a crewcab diesel 4x4 & wouldn't recommend it.
I forgot the weight off hand but it's twice the weight of my truck.
Ever heard the term " tail wagging the dog" ?
It can be done at slow speeds but forget about doing it in traffic.
Just my 2 cents, good luck with the recovery.

Gunzy

No, no, no. If you don't have a 5 ton(m939, or M800 series) Have the trailer shipped for safety sake. Don't invite disaster to save a buck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks