• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M989A1 VIN or serial number

jlxb

Hi all! I just bought and brought home an M989A1. She is a monster! 800 miles from Fort Riley Kansas to home - I am never going to do that again.

Now I need your help. The TM indicates the Vehicle Identification should be on a riveted plate on the rear left tailgate. The plate is there. The numbers are not! Not a single identifiable number or letter. Sun Bleached.

Does anyone know if there is a VIN or serial numbers stamped on the frame or anywhere on the trailer? I can't find it. GL says it is there some where but tough luck if you can't find it. Not very friendly!

It is going to be a big problem titling this thing in Minnesota without an SF-97 or any documentation other then the sale invoice. In Minnesota they will require a surety bond for three years based on the value they give it. They don't care what you paid for it.

Thanks to all for your assistance.