• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 3L80 Transmision Stuck in Neutral

apherigo

M998 3L80 transmission, 6.5L NA motor. Shift lever stuck in neutral. No Brake lights. Replaced brake light switch (part 11663279) that's attached to brake pedal. Still stuck in N and no brake lights.
Any suggestions on what to try next?
i've looked through troubleshooting guides and I wouldn't think its the kickdown or detent solenoids. The transfer case will shift into Hi and Lo but transmission lever is locked tight as a drum?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remove the linkage between the shifter and the transmission and see if you can move the lever on the transmission by hand.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like you need to repair or replace your shifter. Make sure you get one for the 4L80E and not Turbohydramatic 400.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oops sorry about that. 3L80 = Turbohydramatic 400. I meant to say don't get one for the 4L80E.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HaHa. Should be a black button sticking up. On your brake lights, check the bulbs, might both be burned out.