• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 cover on Bob D. Deuce

Blythewoodjoe

Well, I had a nos M998 cargo cover sitting in the basement and a couple sets of the bows to fit the M998, and I need somewhere to sleep at the Helen Georgia gathering, so I figured, why not put it on the deuce.

It took a few hours and I have to finish but it's on the truck. It's not pretty, but neither are WE. I am going to mount a jerry can on the back on top of the side just outside the cover, on each side. I think that will help fill it out.

Joe Trapp

PS. Thank goodness I can weld. How do you office guys get by?

Attachments

Blythewoodjoe

I have been looking around and taking some measurements and have concluded a HMMWV ambulance body might work great on a "bobbed" deuce. I think it would be long enough to look right and it would be the right width. More research is in order.

eddiec

there were a few at howards place in greenville, ky. and no, he is not yet closed, but he will be after next year. i haven't had time to go down there for quite a few months, but when i do get to go back, i will get the measurements and a price for you.

Blythewoodjoe

Seco had a couple the last time I was there, about 18 months ago. I remember looking at them and trying to think of a use for them. I think it would be nice to attend the auction at CMS next month and visit SECO during lunch :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks