• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 Doghouse sound proofing with Noico 80 mil

rcamacho

View attachment DecibelXReport 2.pdf
After driving the 998 recreationally for a few years I’m finally getting around to sound insulating it a tad to make it more humane on my family (even though we wear earpro).

After removing the doghouse rubber padding a single sheet of Noico black 80 mil was applied to the degreased surface. The factory pad was reinstalled over this layer. Mate rivets can be substituted with 10-24x1” bolts/locking nuts.

Initial measurements before/afterwards seem to indicate an idle sound reduction from ~94db to 91db with no other work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks