• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 fan clutch relay went up in smoke

Scorch800rmk

So the other night I started my hmmwv and then went inside to grab a few things while I let the motor warm up, Within a minute of walking inside I heard the engine die I turned around and walked out to find smoke pouring from the engine compartment. Long story short the fan clutch relay burnt up, I replaced it but still can't get the truck started. Glow plug light and normal voltage cycling seem to indicate glow plugs are operating like normal and it cranks but won't fire up. Any ideas? Do I have a bad PCB? It's the yellow labeld box that from what I've read it the one you want? I'm out of ideas and don't want to just start throwing parts at it to hope I get lucky.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks