• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 From Illinois to Alaska

McSpeed

Looing for bids/info/suggestions for moving my 1988 Humvee from zip code 61727 (Illinois) to Anchorage Alaska.

I am in the process of moving my son's 2007 Saturn ION there now. Hoping it arrives next week.

But, I'm concerned about this one as the width of the truck and if it sits for 3 to 4 weeks I don't know for sure if the battery will stay up - plus if it is left in Reverse it may run the battery down etc.

Any help/ideas/bids...are welcome.

I am looking to do this in the next couple of weeks.

It currently runs and drives. It is a two man top with four seats. I'll have a small bundle of parts strapped down in the bed that belong to the truck. Truck runs and drives now.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Would be cheaper to put it in a 20ft container for the transfer from Seattle to AK. Especially if you could find someone else moving a vehicle up and just split the cost on everything. Less to worry about on if it will start back up or not etc since it will be in the container Till it gets to you.

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
An M998 barely fits into a 20' shipping container. You have to pull the side mirrors and if you have them offset antenna mounts. You will be climbing out of the truck.

MarkPXL_20201211_131824361.jpg

PXL_20201211_130115312.jpg

McSpeed

I have a bid for about $5,000 now - it would be picked up here in Illinois and transported via truck/trailer (multi car-hauler) to Seattle area...then put in a container at the port and shipped on. I plan on pulling the mirrors off. I don't have anyway to link up with anybody else doing this right now.

McSpeed

I just spent $4K on my son's car - do the math. Don't know if I should just sell it or what. I still have THREE other cars to get there too. UGH

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks