• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 Fueling Problems

Marm0317

So we've got a 998 that somebody else replaced the injection pump on. Now I'm trying to get the darn thing to run.

6.5 NA engine. Have fuel going into the injection pump. Fuel will come out of the vent line if you pull the hose off, however it isn't a steady stream. If I crack an injection line fuel will show up after about 30-45 seconds of cranking, however it just pools up very slowly. It certainly seems like it's not pushing nearly enough fuel through the lines. It took a lot of effort just to get to this point.

This makes me think that either there is air getting in the fuel system, insufficient fuel pressure to the IP or something wrong with the new pump itself. The rest of the fuel system seems fine on visual inspection. Any ideas or anything stupid we may be overlooking?

springbok

Crack open one of the lines that feed one of the injectors and see what you get there.
If it does not go everywhere then I would say either air is getting in pre pump or the pump itself is bad.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks