• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 headlight issue

DU870

I have a 92' M998 and the high beams work great but when switched to low beam only one light goes to low beam and the other one goes out. I thought it was the bulb, but it comes on every now and then on low beam so the bulb is good and wires are tight. Any ideas. Thanks.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Switch the bulbs from right to left to for sure eliminate the bulb. Otherwise the hood harness has an intermittent connection. Grounds must be ok if high beams work well.

jbayer

Sometimes a bulb with a broken element will intermittently work. If the broken ends are close, they'll sometimes touch when jostled. The element is coiled like a spring, so it bounces around. I assume we're talking about an incandescent, not LED.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks